Skull fracture after a blow in front of the Olympic Stadium: Hertha fan dies after a month in the hospital – Berlin

The 55-year-old Berliner, who suffered a severe head injury after a soccer match in the Olympic Stadium on May 19, died in a special clinic on Tuesday. Corresponding daily mirror information confirmed on Wednesday the police.

Supporters of FC Hansa Rostock are suspected. The seventh homicide commission of the State Criminal Police Office is investigating – the accusation: bodily harm resulting in death. Now the investigators are looking for the perpetrator in Rostock.

Michael R. just came from Relegation first leg in which Hertha BSC lost to Hamburger SV. 500 meters behind the Olympic Stadium, at the corner of Rominter Allee and Olympische Straße, he got into an argument with a car driver, according to police witnesses.

It was 11 p.m., the black BMW station wagon had a Rostock license plate. Michael R. then went on, but the passenger of the car got out and hit him in the face with his fist. Michael R. fell to the ground, the back of his head hit the concrete – a fractured skull.

Since then, the 55-year-old has probably not woken up again, as his environment reports. He was in a coma, the experts in a neurological special clinic could not save him.

[Wenn Sie alle aktuellen Nachrichten live auf Ihr Handy haben wollen, empfehlen wir Ihnen unsere App, die Sie hier für Apple- und Android-Geräte herunterladen können.]

The man who hit him wore a shirt with a club logo of FC Hansa Rostock, according to witnesses. He is said to have fled on foot after the fact, the BMW driver drove away.

[Sicherheit im Kiez – immer wieder Thema in den bezirklichen Newslettern vom Tagesspiegel, kostenlos bestellen unter]

Order now for free

In the environment of Michael R., the horror is great because he is through a single hit was taken from life. The 55-year-old ran a company in the catering industry with his wife. It was his dream, says someone who knows him well.

Michael W. was a happy person and had a big heart, friends report. He made cheap prices for aid organizations and volunteers. On Wednesday, police informed his wife that he had died a month after the crime.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.